Dismiss this notice
Eurobichons is back with ALL the help you need for all your pets.

Our forums are where you can get the best help for your pets and there is more coming for you.
Our WIKI is available for you to use as a reference & learning center and more articles are added on a regular basis.

Welcome.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
colloidal silver
Colloidal Silver and Its Many Health Benefits for Us and Our Pets

This is the USUAL response from medics vets and dentists when introducing Colloidal Silver today and when I first started talking about this as far back as 2004 the situation was even worse. Staggeringly the benefits of colloidal silver have been around for much longer than antibiotics , it is only now that one or two companies are adding it to products – but charging you ten times what it should be ……
I was making rounds at the hospital and, for some strange reason, I was being asked about influenza. No, this is not going to be an entry on influenza. But I was asked if there was anything besides the vaccines that can prevent influenza.  Masks and good hand washing will help, I said.
Anything else?
A nurse suggested colloidal silver.
I said there was nothing to colloidal silver.  With what I would describe as a withering look, she opined that not only had she never had the flu because she took colloidal silver, but that she has a friend whose tumour has been in remission for 6 years because of colloidal silver.  She had to respond to an alarm and I had to move on to the next patient, so we yet had an opportunity to converse further on the topic. Which is good because it occurred to be I did not know much about colloidal silver beyond the fact it can turn you blue. 
Patients are dying unnecessarily because they have been well versed to debunk anything other than pharma based therapies. Pharmacists used to study pharmacognosy but don’t do that unless they take it as an extra course- a course they should have no choice in taking because it would assist many of them in assisting patients attending their chemists and asking “can you advise me on …..”
My OWN family are exactly the same , unless DR prescribes it then it will not work or because DR has not heard of it then it cannot possibly be an alternative. Really I sit and stare with a face like thunder. That very face that almost got me to call a vet an absolute idiot but had to restrain my lips and brain beforehand  as she was stating melatonin will not alter Cushing’s at all and that Gall bladder sludge couldn’t possibly stabilise due to beetroot and apple , Liver enzymes couldn’t possibly lower due to the giving of 4 simple supplements ,brain fog due to  hepatic encephalopathy is a decline in brain function that occurs as a result of severe liver disease. In this condition, the liver cannot adequately remove toxins from the blood. This causes a buildup of toxins in the bloodstream, which can lead to brain damage. Once given Lactulose at a certain level (individual to each patient or client) the confusion can be seen literally to lower. I really did want to call her an absolute T**t because her ignorance was not merely showing her indoctrination of pharma based therapies but it was showing her arrogance that drugs are the only way to treat animals . It is a worry that whilst the RCVS still hold a monopoly for treating animals , persons far MORE qualified than even a vet cannot state they are treating an animal unless it is their own. Vets are USING many animals especially geriatric patients as their guinea pigs. They do not usually get to treat elderly patients with complex disease (brought on by obesity and age ) due to the high costs of pet insurance and many pets today die early due to eating poor dry diets and diets inappropriate for that species…. We even see it in places like Chester Zoo who are using fruit juices as lolly ices on sticks to cool their chimpanzees, pathetic, oh yes but it looks cool for paying visitors , sod the chimps teeth and gall bladder.
Anyhow I digress, lets talk about colloidal silver by commencing with what is it ?
Silver is an antiseptic, not an antibiotic (Yet).  It has the advantage of most antiseptics in that organisms do not easily  become resistant. It does kill a large number of pathogens and is used clinically.  Silver is impregnated into catheters to prevent infections.  Silver nitrate has been put in the eyes of newborns to prevent gonorrhea.
“The broader commercial definition of “colloidal silver” includes products that contain various concentrations of ionic silver, silver colloids, ionic silver compounds or bound proteins in purified water. Colloidal silver with concentrations of 30 parts per million (ppm) or less are typically manufactured using an electrolysis process, whereas colloidal silver  with higher concentrations of 50 ppm or more are usually silver compounds that have been bound with a protein.”
Now it is exceptionally important here to ask people reading this NOT to attend Google University which hails Colloidal Silver as killing over 650 germs bacteria funghi etc etc – no it does not ! These are the usual google anecdotal idiots that sit happily usually on BARF sites, Raw feeding sites . Even non allopathic systems have their flaws – it is the TRAINING and EXPERIENCE that assists users to steer clear of wasting not just money but time as that is something we can never regain ….There are an alarming number of ‘therapists’ and I use that term very loosely who will misquote or Chinese whisper a cats back end to get clients through the door. Possibly why I am not a millionaire ha ! They also tout that bacteria can’t become resistant to silver. Always a mistake, for to misquote the Borg, resistance is inevitable as E. coli has demonstrated.
Efficacy of Silver as bactericide
Russell (1994) details the historic uses of silver, beginning with Aristotle advising Alexander the Great to boil water and store it in silver or copper vessels to prevent waterborne disease on his campaigns. In 1869, Ravelin reported that silver exerted its antimicrobial effect at very low concentrations, an effect with was later termed "oligodynamic" or "active with few" (Russell, 1994). In 1881, Crede advocated silver to prevent eye infections in newborns, and silver drops were used to prevent gonorrhea of the eye in newborns until very recently. In 1920, the microbiological action of silver was determined to be due to the Ag+ ions formed by tarnishing, surface-oxidation, or electrical activation. 

[b]Today, silver is more commonly used as a drinking water and swimming pool disinfectant in Europe than in the United States (Russell, 1994). Studies have shown that silver can be used when chlorine is present for additional disinfection.  Argyria, first reported in 1647, is less common today but is still reported. 

[/b]Three main mechanisms are responsible for bacterial inactivation with silver (Russell, 1994):

[b]1. Silver reacts with thiol (sulphydryl, SH) groups in the bacterial cell

a.In structural groups   
b.In functional (enzymic) proteins
2.Silver produces structural changes in bacterial cell membranes
3.Silver interacts with nucleic acids

These three mechanisms are described in further detail in the following sections.  Although it is unknown at this time which of these mechanisms is predominant in the PFP filter, laboratory data clearly shows that PFP filters impregnated with colloidal silver remove 99 – 100 percent of bacteria (CIRA-UNAN, various dates). Further information on the mechanism of action of colloidal silver in the filter and data on laboratory tests on the filter are presented in Report 2 (December 2001). 
[/b]

[b]Heinig's research on silver deposited on an inert surface is of special note in relation to the PFP filter. Heinig (1993) showed silver on a large inert surface area exhibited a strong catalytic reaction with oxygen, which resulted in strong bactericidal activity.  The factors controlling the rate of the catalytic reaction were:  the size and dispersion of the silver on the surface area of the bed, and the volume of oxygen in solution. Heinig found that bacteria and viruses were killed on contact without the need for the release of metals into the water.
[/b]
As with ALL forms of non allopathic treatment those debunking will ALWAYS be from within the medical profession : https://nccih.nih.gov/health/silver
Yet research is showing that silver works as a bactericide hence its addition in water. Its use now in wound management, they apply silver nitrate to manage wounds post removal of wires etc in orthopaedic surgery.
In 2018 it is still being reviewed and showing its value to medical science https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/...l_activity.
https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/...Efficiency.
https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/...dal_silver.
https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/...on_by_SERS.
As such, debunkers of alternative therapies such as the use of colloidal silver need to free themselves from the many constraints that they are bound by within the many professional bodies they tie into for insurance purposes- a necessity due to the realisation that between 250000 and 440000 patients die in the hands of poor medics annually just in the USA, a staggering figure indeed.
http://www.academicjournals.org/journal/...F186B13472.
 https://academic.oup.com/jac/article/59/4/587/677868
https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/...ysosporium.
file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/4176212.pdf
https://www.omicsonline.org/peer-reviewe...21271.html
https://www.researchgate.net/post/Why_ar...ted_States

Why Use Colloidal Silver ?
After years of the medical profession debunking most non allopathic forms of treatment they are now slowly (deathly slow in fact ) starting to use some of these ‘old wives tale’ therapies simply because THEY WORK, lets look at honey and lavender, honey being used for wounds like Lavender in WW2 was essential as antibiotics were not available. Silver has also been empirically and clinically demonstrated to relieve inflammation, reduce pain and even increase the rate of healing of cuts, burns, bites, various types of skin outbreaks (including acne, MRSA boils) and much more, so why are medical Dr’s and Veterinary surgeons still not on board? The reality is many food companies like Hills Science , Eukanuba ,Pedigree and many more are huge sponsors of veterinary school education. I argue that is akin to having McDonalds sponsoring Dietician and Nutrition at University. Yes it truly is that bad ! Silver has been in use for medical purposes for well over two millennia.  For example, Hippocrates, the “Father of Medicine,” taught that silver aided skin and tissue repair.  Indeed, around 400 B.C. in his treatise “On Ulcers,” he listed silver, in powder form, as a primary treatment for ulcerations of the skin.

Likewise, Pliny, the Elder, in his great work, Natural History (78 A.D.), reported in Book II, Section XXXV, that the “residue of silver... has healing properties as an ingredient in plasters, being extremely effective in causing wounds to close up..."

The ancient Chinese ground up silver, put it into water, and had sick people drink it in order to cure infections and disease. 

Zooming ahead in history to 1919, we find Alfred Searle stating, in his ground-breaking book “The Use of Colloids in Health and Disease”:

Applying colloidal silver to human subjects has been done in a large number of cases with astonishingly successful results...it has the advantage of being rapidly fatal to parasites without toxic action on its host. It is quite stable. It protects rabbits from ten times the lethal dose of tetanus or diphtheria toxin." And coming forward in time to the 1990’s we find Dr. Joseph Weissman, M.D., board certified immunologist and Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of California Medical School saying:

“Today, many antibiotics are losing the battle with germs. Fortunately, the best germ killer, which was discovered over 2,000 years ago, is finally getting the proper attention from medical science - natural silver. I sincerely recommend that everyone have electrically generated colloidal silver in their home as an antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal agent."

This is in addition to the peer reviewed articles listed above. I can understand the pharma companies being concerned about profit but I cannot fathom why someone studying for 5-7 years at University does not EVER question the relationship between debunking and sponsorship. It shows a lack of researching ability and with module exams – lazy students who are taught to pass exams but not understand exactly what and why they study that subject during that semester. 106,000 deaths each and every year in the U.S. alone attributed to properly prescribed and properly taken prescription drugs (ref:  Dr. Barbara Starfield;  Journal of the American Medical Association; “Is U.S. Health Really the Best in the World?”), and it really starts putting things into perspective, doesn’t it? 

In the same amount of time that there have been ZERO deaths attributed to colloidal silver (i.e., the past five years), there have been a whopping 530,000 deaths in the U.S. from properly prescribed and properly used prescription drugs.  And there have been millions more deaths from prescription drugs, worldwide.

Indeed, prescription drugs are now the third leading cause of death in men, women and children, behind heart disease and cancer (ref:  Dr. Peter Gotzsche, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, considered to be the world's leading expert on clinical studies of pharmaceutical drugs).  But you won’t see orthodox medical websites like WebMD.com or MayoClinic.com admitting this.  Instead, they’re too busy putting up web pages denigrating colloidal silver usage, claiming it to be “unsafe,” and trying to scare people away from even thinking about trying it.
According to the Annual Report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers’ National Poison Data System, in relation to colloidal silver usage, there were only a meager 18 adverse reactions reported in 2015 (the 2016 figures won't be available until January 2018) – this, out of the millions of bottles of colloidal silver sold in the U.S. every year, and millions more doses made by people with their own colloidal silver generators

To put those 18 paltry adverse reactions into perspective, the same report tells us there were 34 adverse reactions caused by artists paints…64 adverse reactions caused by ink (from pens)… 31 adverse reactions caused by rubbing alcohol…263 adverse reactions caused by bleach…41 adverse reactions caused by dishwashing detergents …269 adverse reactions caused by hair coloring agents…1,951 adverse reactions caused by pesticides and rodenticides…39 adverse reactions to soil (yes, as in dirt)...and a whopping 458 adverse reactions caused by caffeine.

So according to the report, dirt is actually twice as dangerous (in terms of adverse reactions) than colloidal silver.  And caffeine is a whopping 25 times more dangerous than colloidal silver. 

If you’d prefer to compare apples to apples (more or less) from the report, looking at things that people put directly into their mouths, there were 338 adverse reactions to capsicum peppers (i.e., red peppers)…666 adverse reactions to “other food products” …69 adverse reactions to food additives…143 adverse reactions caused by dental care products…and 35 adverse reactions caused by mouthwashes. So with only a mere 18 adverse reactions to colloidal silver in the entire year, out of the millions of doses taken, colloidal silver is safer than all of those products. The main reason why I am writing this article is to show how pathetic a University degree is for many subjects being taught. It shows how ignorant medics from all professions including veterinary surgeons, dentists, pharmacists and medical Doctors.
If you would like more evidence that silver is now being considered within the medical profession please take a look at this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fbJPpl6MXY  What we must remember is those same naysayers regarding silver even in its colloidal form are the very same people stating that medical marijuana will make people neurotic , schizophrenic and much more. They don’t study it so it does not exists and if it does not exist then it cannot do any good…..

When being given prescriptions by your doctors always ask about an alternative form of treatment. They are available but not promoted by NHS. Always question any form of treatment IT IS YOUR RIGHT, of course GPs Consultants, Veterinary Surgeons, Dentists do not like it however it is YOUR body or YOUR money and they are both under your control. Don’t allow anyone of them to question your educational , research, background , they have NO RIGHT to do that especially if they do not know you. Them stating “I know because I am a …..” should send shockwaves around your body as that is a defensive remark made by a professional that is limited in their ability to discuss any theory other than their own blinkered narrowminded viewpoint and this is possibly why so many deaths occur globally , caused by those very same medics !
Latest research for those who regularly place misinformation about non allopathic forms of treatment on the net !

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10....00720/full

Thought provoking isn’t it…………………..

Accessing Colloidal Silver
There is a plethora of sellers World wide but you can make your own (even in UK now after ban was lifted ) https://colloidalsilvergenerator.co.uk/p...oCEALw_wcB

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/silver-generator

Social media has many benefits but it also has many flaws , some of those flaws give quacks, debunkers, hippies and cranks a voice. As with all forms of treatment it is important and in the case of animals a legal necessity to be diagnosed by a professional. However you do not have to become sheep-like and follow the flock, question those decisions made by someone else for you and your animals. Those with intelligence will sit and discuss the reasoning. Those who have limited intellect will immediately debunk and state the usual  “I know because I am” and you know what I think of that. I don’t debunk pharma based treatment because we should always be free to choose whatever we place inside our bodies and at times we NEED those drugs !

Karen